Top 10 Street Sport Truck All-Season Tires
The best sport truck tires are manufactured to provide exceptional handling, and responsive steering to fulfill enthusiasts’ needs. These are tires designed keeping the sensibilities of sports cars in mind, and are perfect for high-performance SUVs that need exemplary performance in terms of traction, braking, and acceleration.
Equipping your vehicle with specialist street/sport truck tires will give you the guarantee of longevity, remarkable all-year-round utility, and outstanding performance.
Looking for the best tires for your street/sport truck or SUV? We’ve put together our choices for the best models that combine high-performance with excellent drivability in all-season conditions.
Our list of the 2020 Top 10 Street/Sport Truck All-Season tires is made based on several factors, which include our own experience, as well as reviews and comments from other tire owners.
Nitto NT 421Q
Nitto is known for their line of high performance tires, and their new NT 421Q provides truck and SUV drivers a serious option in this market.
The Nitto NT 421Q is designed with a silica gel based tread compound, which enables it to easily perform sharp turns and offer impressive braking and acceleration performance. A truly premium tire, in both design and application, the NT 421Q has plenty of features that warrant its purchase.
With a new high-tech tread compound and unique tread patter, this model features exceptional cornering grip and some of the best traction and handling on dry or wet pavement in its class. In addition, the ride is comfortable, road noise is minimal and Nitto tops it off with up to a 75,000 mile warranty.
- 3D siping to provide added traction
- Tread blocks to provide cornering stability
- Open groove design for better performance in rain
- Excellent handling on dry and wet roads
- Handling and cornering ability is excellent
- Comfortable driving experience
- Users have claimed durability to be an issue
Falken Ziex S/TZ-05
The Falken Ziex S/TZ-05 is one of the best sport truck tires in the market today. The five-rib tread pattern has been molded to allow the tire to maintain exceptional handling on dry and wet roads. The precise control on offer, makes this a fabulous set of tires to have on your SUV.
Sporting impressive performance on dry or wet pavement is just the beginning for Falken’s Ziex S/TZ-05 tire. This model is also one of the most quiet and comfortable riding tires you’ll find in this category. Treadlife is longer lasting due in part to a deeper tread depth, and Falken backs it up with a 50,000 mile tread warranty.
- Centre rib increases handling in high speeds
- Shoulder lugs to decrease noise output
- Shoulder blocks to increase traction on wet surfaces
- Handling on dry and wet roads is amazing
- Precise steering controls even on wet roads
- Tires noise output is low
- Tire performance is average in snow
Yokohama Parada Spec-X
The Yokohama Parada Spec-X features an aesthetically pleasing design that not only looks beautiful but also performs its job well. These radials, built with special heat dissipation properties, will allow you to take the sharpest corners at high speeds.
With its high performance low profile tread design, the Parada Spec-X from Yokohama is all about providing a higher level of street performance for your truck, SUV or sporty crossover. Because this model includes sizes up to 30 inches, fitment possibilities are nearly endless. Reinforced shoulder blocks add strength for enhanced cornering grip, while continuous center ribs increase steering response and stability. All in all, this is a tire that has a lot going for it in this market.
- Shoulder blocks for added traction on corners
- Variable pitch design, to reduce noise output
- Centre groove for increased handling on wet roads
- Handling on dry and wet roads is outstanding
- Noise output levels are very low, providing for a comfortable drive
- Excellent breaking ability
- Tire durability is an issue
- Performance in snowy weather is average
Nankang SP-7 Performance X/P
Designed for drivers looking for good overall handling on dry or wet road surfaces and better cornering performance, the Nankang SP-7 Performance X/P tire does that while also being one of the more budget-friendly tires in this class. The steering is quick and responsive, and tread life is better than expected for a low cost tire.
The Nankang SP-7 Performance X/P tires feature a scalloped center rib and shoulder blocks, both of which allow for a comfortable driving experience with excellent grip and stability. These are one of the best high-performance truck tires currently available in the market.
- Siping for better traction and braking ability
- Grooves designed to reduce hydroplaning
- Shoulder blocks designed to improve cornering ability
- Traction on wet roads is excellent
- Cornering grip is outstanding
- 40,000-mile warranty
- Tires are very noisy, making for an unpleasant driving experience
Firestone Destination ST
The Destination ST is Firestone’s sport truck tire that is built to deliver the type of performance you’re looking for in this class. This model features smooth handling to go with predictable traction in all types of weather and road conditions you encounter on a daily basis. The ride is among the most comfortable of any competitor tire in this class, and Firestone includes a 40,000 mile tread guarantee.
The Firestone Destination ST features an asymmetric tread pattern that increases the traction and wet grip that your truck or SUV will be able to achieve. The grooves have been designed with biting edges to increase the performance of your vehicle in snow.
- Wide grooves and shoulder design to aid with water evacuation
- Angled grooves to improve steering response in snow
- Asymmetric tread pattern to increase all season handling
- Excellent traction on dry and wet roads
- Steering responsiveness and grip in snowy conditions is outstanding
- Quiet and comfortable driving experience
- Tread durability has been reported to be an issue
Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P
Many drivers may not know much about the Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P, but this tire offers surprisingly good street performance and road manners, as well as a longer lasting tread life. The two-in-one shoulder block design maximizes cornering grip and increases traction on dry/wet pavement. Steering response is quicker than many other models, and expect to find a comfortable ride on this tire as well.
The Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P with their proprietary design, which includes twin steel belts that have been strengthened by joint-less nylon technology encased in polyester, provide a stable and comfortable drive. The design features merge to make the HTR Sport one of the best high performance truck tires.
- Jointless nylon band technology that improves handling
- Tread designed to reduce noise
- Siping to increase wet grip
- Excellent cornering ability on dry roads
- Traction and handling on dry and wet roads is fantastic
- Comfortable driving experience
- Steering on snowy conditions is poor
- Treads aren’t durable
Goodyear Fortera SL Edition
An aggressive tread design and impressive traction and cornering grip highlight the Fortera SL from Goodyear. A directional tread pattern and continuous center rib increase braking and acceleration, while providing quicker steering response. For a 22 inch tire the ride is very smooth and comfortable. The SL is simply one of Goodyear’s better performing high-performance tires for your truck/SUV.
All in all, the Goodyear Fortera is a mid-range tire with great looks along and design sensibilities that make for a durable tire and a comfortable driving experience. The grooves have been designed to reduce hydroplaning while the siping increases the handling and traction in wet and snow.
- Grooves designed to reduce hydroplaning
- Siping to increase traction
- Rim protector
- Shoulder blocks designed to improve durability
- Traction on dry and wet roads is great
- Quiet and comfortable driving experience
- Cornering ability even on wet roads is impressive
- Performance in winter weather is very poor
Kumho Ecsta STX KL12
The Kumho Ecsta STX KL12 has a beautiful, eye-catching design that warrants second glances. Nonetheless, the emphasis on having a pleasing design does not reduce its ability to meet the challenges of all-weather driving.
Featuring one of the cooler tread patterns of any tire in this class, Kumho’s Ecsta STX KL12 delivers outstanding cornering grip and excellent dry and wet traction. Taking corners at higher speeds is flat out fun on this tire. The steering is quick and very responsive, and tire stability is very good at all speeds.
- Tread compound that improves dry and wet traction
- Nylon cap design to increase tire durability
- Tire designed for comfort and steering responsiveness
- Handling on dry roads is excellent
- Cornering ability at even high speeds is outstanding
- Tread pattern is aesthetically pleasing
- Noise output is a concern
Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus
The Italian manufacturer Pirelli is known for making some of the best ultra-high performance tires for the supercar market. With the Scorpion Zero All Season Plus, Pirelli has offered SUV and truck owners an outstanding product that is tailored to provide vehicles with sport-level performance, making this one of the best high performance truck tires.
The Scorpion Zero All Season Plus from Pirelli not only sports a uniquely aggressive tread pattern, but it has the street performance to match its looks. Traction and cornering grip on dry pavement is superb on this tire. Pirelli uses a uniquely styled tread pattern that helps the tire deliver increased steering response and enhanced braking performance. The ride is comfortable for the most part, making this a nice choice in sport truck tires.
- Run-flat technology that provides stability and comfort
- Reduced road noise
- Four grooves to increase traction on wet roads
- Ability to take corners at high speeds
- Steering control on dry roads is precise
- Comfortable drive, with stability and low noise output
- Treadwear is evident with usage
- Performance on snow is average
Nexen Roadian HP SUV
Nexen has one of the most popular models in the street/sport class with the Roadian HP SUV. We recently reviewed this tire ourselves and came away very impressed. With its unique arrow tread pattern design and larger shoulder blocks, you can expect sports car like cornering grip and steering response. Driving on wet pavement is another strong area, as is braking and acceleration performance. Ride quality is excellent, and treadlife is better than expected, making it easy to see why this tire is so popular among driving enthusiasts.
The Nexen Roadian HP SUV is a solid performer designed to provide a comfortable driving experience and fuel efficiency irrespective of the surface being driven over. Boasting of a 40,000-mile treadwear warranty, these tires are designed to last you a long time, while enabling superior control and grip.
- Shoulder blocks to increase cornering grip
- Arrow styled rib to improve handling
- Grooves designed to allow for better traction on wet roads
- Performance on dry and wet roads is spectacular
- Stable driving experience with precision handling
- Tread life is great
- Tire noise output is a problem
- Performance degrades severely in snowy conditions
Why Buy Street/Sport Truck, All Season Tires?
The best sport truck tires are those that enable you to extract the maximum performance from your pickup truck, SUV, or crossover vehicle. These vehicles with their high horsepower engines and load carrying capacities need tires that are not only long-lasting and reliable, but must also provide exceptional traction, braking, and acceleration.
The tires come with the added advantage of being able to function all year round. Performance in diverse weather conditions such as snow and rain, is unhindered due to special grooves and siping. Innovative design features resist the effects of hydroplaning and provide superior grip and handling for you to enjoy your ride.
Share this review