Tire Reviews and More is pleased to announce our first annual On the Road Scholarship. Although the manner in which we use our vehicles is changing a little more every day, one thing has remained the same… vehicles require maintenance.
We need people like you who understand what goes on under the hood, and we want to help get you to school to enhance your skills. Aside from gaining valuable knowledge that can help you gain necessary certifications, automotive school can also:
- Make you stand apart from other job applicants
- Teach you the latest and most efficient techniques and methods
- Jump start an exciting career you’ll love
The New York Times reports that there is a shortage of qualified auto mechanics. Considering the advancements in technology, we need more people who understand how to take action when things go wrong. In fact, Seminole State College automotive programs manager Mark Davis estimates technician shortfalls to be over 25,000 in the next five years.
The winner of the annual On the Road Scholarship will be awarded $1,500 toward their university or college fees. The scholarship is available to all students in North America who meet the eligibility criteria. Canadian winners will be awarded $2,000 CAD (which is the rough equivalent of $1,500 USD).
- U.S. and Canadian seniors, public or home schooled OR students currently enrolled in an accredited automotive technician training program
- U.S. or Canadian citizens
- Students preparing for high school graduation at time of application or who already have a high school diploma / GED
- Students planning or actively pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. or Canadian college
- Students demonstrating a minimum 3.00 GPA or equivalent grade average
**If you don’t see the Tire Reviews and More’s On the Road Scholarship listed on your university’s or college’s website, please ask the financial aid office to list it.**
Scholarship applications are accepted April 30th every year and awarded on May 31st. We will notify winners using the email address they provide.
How to Apply
You may submit your scholarship application using the form at the bottom of this page.
Insurance.com conducted a survey that revealed, of the women polled, 33 percent admitted they didn’t know how to change a tire compared with just six percent of men. This puts them at an increased danger should they ever break down on the side of the road.
Women can change tires, too, and we want you to show a woman in your life how!
To apply, please create a video that:
- Introduces yourself and your student. She can be a friend, family member, or complete stranger if you’re feeling generous.
- Demonstrates to her how to change the tire. Make sure your recording device is close enough to hear your instruction.
- Shows us her demonstrating her ability to follow your instructions. This can be a time lapse to make the video shorter and easier for upload. We just need to see she can do it by herself.
The total video length will likely be long. We suggest using a video editing program to piece the different components together to make it shorter as well as do a time lapse of your student demonstrating her newfound ability. This will improve presentation and save time on your upload to YouTube.
Submissions will be evaluated on:
- Teaching technique
- Successful demonstration of your student’s ability to change her tire
Upload your video to YouTube and include the link in your application below. We will post them to our FaceBook page. Submission with the most Likes by April 30th 2019 wins.