New General Grabber X3 Set To Roll Out
(July 2016) The new for 2016 General Grabber X3 mud-terrain tire is set to roll out in September according to Continental, the parent company of General Tire.
This newest model is set to replace the current General Grabber Red Lettering that has been popular for several years now. General Tire has said they are targeting the Grabber X3 towards owners of all types of Jeeps, 4×4’s and lifted trucks that are looking for more than capable performance on rock, mud and dirt.
The General X3 will be released in a limited range of sizes, with added sizes being released in November. 29 sizes will be released in all, including 16 LT models and several with red lettering on the sidewall.
One notable feature that caught our attention is the fact that General is using a 3-ply construction with ultra-high strength steel belts for enhanced puncture resistance.
Other features on this newest MT tire include:
- Tread pattern that features high-voids for increased traction
- Alternating shoulder scoops to break groove vacuum
- Block chamfers for traction on loose surfaces
- Stone bumpers to eject stones embedded in the tread blocks
- Multi-angle gripping edges for improved traction
- Deflection ribs to protect the upper sidewall
- Multi-pitch tread pattern to reduce noise
We will have a full review on the General Grabber X3 mud-terrain tire as soon as it becomes available this Fall. You can find all of our reviews on General tires by going to our General Tire Reviews page.
Share this review