Consumer Reports Releases Best Tires For 2013
March 2013 – Consumer Reports has included their picks for the best tires of 2013 in their annual April issue of the best and worst new cars. Not surprisingly, Michelin Tires sports 5 winners out of the 9 different tire categories featured in their ratings.
Overall, CR tested 181 different tire models for wet road grip, fuel efficiency (based on lower rolling resistance), treadwear, resistance to hydroplaning, ride comfort, noise and various other factors.
Here’s a quick glance at the results per category:
- All-Season T-Speed Rated: Michelin Defender, Continental ProContact EcoPlus, Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Season, Pirelli P4 Four Seasons, Michelin Energy Saver A/S, Yokohama Avid Ascend
- Performance All-Season H-Speed Rated: Michelin Primacy MXV4, Continental PureContact, Nexen CP672
Performance All-Season V-Speed Rated: Continental PureContact, Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season, Michelin Primacy MXV4
- Ultra-High Performance All-Season: Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season, Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Sumitomo HTR A/S P01
- Ultra-High Performance Summer: Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
- Winter Tires: Michelin X-Ice Xi3, Michelin X-Ice Xi2, Hankook Winter I*Cept Evo, Pirelli Winter 210 Sottozero Serie II, Uniroyal Tiger Paw Ice & Snow II, Bridgestone Blizzak WS70
- All-Season Light Truck: Michelin LTX M/S2, Michelin X Radial LT2, Continental CrossContact LX20 EcoPlus, Michelin Latitude Tour HP, Michelin Latitude Tour
- All-Terrain: Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Michelin LTX A/T2, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Kumho Road Venture AT KL78, Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61
- Winter Tires: Continental ExtremeWinterContact, General Altimax Arctic, Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2, Yokohama Geolandar i/T G072
- Best Gas-Saving All-Season: Michelin Energy Saver A/S, Cooper GFE
Best Gas-Saving Performance All-Season H-Speed Rated: Michelin Primacy MXV4, Dunlop SP Sport 7000 AS, Bridgestone Ecopia EP422
Best Gas-Saving Performance All-Season V-Speed Rated: Bridgestone Ecopia EP422
Best Gas-Saving Winter: Michelin X-Ice Xi3
This latest issue also rates all of its favorite car brands and models for 2013, as well as what you can expect to find with each vehicle. You can find more at the www.consumerreports.org website.